Bloviate

Monday, September 11, 2006

Discussions over the cooking pot

While cooking tea this evening I got into a long discussion with my new flatmate, a doctor from Pakistan. At one point he asked whether I am religious - I said, "well yes, I am a Christian". He laughingly said "yes I know that, but are you religious?" I was a bit stuck for words for a minute - what did he mean as 'religious'? I mentioned going to church and reading my bible - his response was "Wow, that's impressive". Hmm, I am continually stumped by society's view of religion - it seems here to be deviod of faith, and measured in the number of hours spent in devotion. And what then is Christianity?

I have randomly just discovered a website that pinpoints exactly where exactly the opposite side of the world is - alas the childhood I mistakenly thought that tunneling from England would take me to Australia - I've now realised it would take me to the middle of the ocean west of New Zealand. I was never very good at geography! http://www.zefrank.com/sandwich/tool.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home