Bloviate

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hooray for long weekends!

I have just had a fantastically chilled out weekend. An unexpected day off last friday (the day after payday) meant a chance to catch up with shopping, under the guise of needing to go into town to go to the bank.. I'm now sporting some lovely new shoes :) It has been extremely wet here, and most of the rest of the weekend was spent curled up in pyjamas reading/drinking hot chocolate/catching up with long-lost housemate. Different shift patterns mean that even though we live in the same house we never see each other, rubbish! I can report that she is alive and well, phew. Other weekend activities included concocting soup supplies for the coming weeks in Boston - have broken away from my usual leek&potato or lentil soup, trying mushroom (very yum) and fish curry soup (slightly dubious). Also went to the gym, rewarding myself with a very long very deep bath afterwards - you'd appreciate the significance of baths if you knew that we've been deprived of a bathtub for 6 years! Now I'm back in Boston, facing another joyous week of surgery.. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home